*Today’s blog post is a summer travel essentials guide written and photographed by the lovely Sammy. Make sure you check out her blog and give her lots of love*
As a frequent traveller I have managed to minimise my beauty products to 6 absolute essentials that I love taking with me to sunny destinations. My skin loves the sun, so I can use fewer products and have a better glow that I could ever have in the UK.
- To start out with, my first essential is Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray. I found this products a few years ago when I was staying in America with my boyfriend. I found the Floridian humidity made my hair difficult to handle, so I wanted a product that you add texture and stop my hair frizzing. I had read about the Surf Spray online and decided to give it a try. I was converted immediately to become thicker, with loose waves and less frizz! Now when I head away on holiday I always take this instead of hair straighteners or curlers. This product requires no heat which stops me feeling guilty about damaging my hair. I love having beach waves, but after visiting the beach I want a shower before heading out in the evening. This is the perfect solution, leaving my clean hair with beautiful waves wherever I am!
- Whenever i’m out in the sun, it’s time to think about protecting my skin. A must have for me is the Nivea Sun Protect & Refresh spray. I have always hated having thick creamy sun screens which leave skin feeling greasy and streaked. I started using this Nivea Spray and I love how my skin looks and feels. It’s so easy and quick to apply and you don’t have to worry about white streaks. The spray also has a cooling effect, so even if the bottle is sat out in the sun, you feel cooler after topping up your sun protecting.
- In hot climates, I try to avoid using foundation as much as possible. We’ve all experienced heavy foundation in hot climates and it’s not pleasant. Instead I try to add a natural looking glow using The Body Shop’s Shimmer Waves palette. I have this in the coral colour, which has a combination of pink and brown shades. Firstly I use the whole palette to add a natural glow to my cheeks and I then choose one shade to apply to my eyelids. I love that this product can be used in multiple ways!
- No matter where I am, I always want my eyebrows to look fab. I recently discovered the Benefit Goof Proof Eyebrow pencil. I’ve used it every day since buying it! It takes a few minutes to draw on perfect brows and there are lots of shades available to match your colour. The pencil also has a built in brush to make sure your eyebrows are well groomed overtime.
- Another essential to add emphasis to the eye area is mascara. I always find that by drawing attention to the eyes and lips, minimal makeup can look beautiful. I wear one coat of The Body Shops’ Lash Hero mascara. This mascara is perfect for a natural look and I have found it to be clump free and easy to apply!
- My final beauty essential is the Charlotte Tillbury’s Hot Lips Lipstick. I love the Secret Salma shade which I think would suit any skin tone. This Hot Lips product is the longest lasting lipstick I have ever used, I find that even after a few drinks my lips still look full of colour. I think you can complete any look with this gorgeous shade and it looks fab with glowing cheeks in the sun!
So if I’m travelling with my minimum essentials these are all I would take! What do you think of these products? Have you tried them?
What would you pick as your travel essentials? Let me know in the comments!
*I hope you enjoyed this summer guest post, I enjoyed reading Sammy’s essentials!*
Don’t forget my social media;