Failure?

If you don’t like blog posts where I ramble then click off this now!

My aim for the month of June was to upload 3 times a week and to gain 100 views each day on my blog, pretty ambitious right? Well 11 days in and I was smashing it, posting 3 times a week and reaching well over 100 views… I was proud!

But college deadlines were looming, I was in college pretty much all day everyday (I still am) and I didn’t have the time to promote my blog and life was getting a bit stressful. Last night I had a little meltdown and started thinking I failed at a simple task. In reality, juggling a higher education course, 3 posts a week and trying to promote it definitely isn’t simple. I think I just found doing 2 posts a week was so easy for me that I needed a challenge and now I wish I hadn’t- but nonetheless i’m going to smash through my college deadlines and continue posting 3 times a week until the end of June. (This has 100% confirmed I will not be participating in Blogmas)

When you’re reading this i’ll have nearly finished all of my written assignments for my HNC in Creative Media and i’ll still have one piece to edit which i’ll be going in on Monday to finish. The next few weeks are quite exciting because I have a pedicure on Wednesday and then I go away to Gran Canaria for a week on Monday 2th July and I cannot wait. I’ve not scheduled any blog posts to go up and I’m going to have a week off from blogging and relax because this academic year has been so stressful. But don’t worry you can keep up with my travels on Twitter and Instagram.

I actually won an award at college for the best short film in which I was an assistant direct & the producer and i’m so happy I got an award!

In other news I bought a few new bits for my holiday including some platform sandals from Rocket Dog which were half price in TKMaxx, a cute bikini from Primark and some fake tan for when my tan fades after my holiday.

IMG_6724IMG_6732IMG_6750In other news I’ve started developing and creating a business; a blogger subscription box filled with essentials goodies you bloggers might need. However, after a hard decision I decided that due to not having any money for it and it would be a stressful experience I just couldn’t properly start it up. One day in the very distant future I might have a successful business of blogger subscription boxes but in the meantime I’m focusing on my blog and giving it my full attention.

I hope I didn’t ramble on too much here but sometimes I think you just have to talk and let it all out and hope your readers enjoy listening to your mind!

cropped-img_20170817_084830_8951.jpg

26 thoughts on “Failure?

1. ʞɐ says:

That’s quite impressive. I need to make such ambitious choices and probably write something to correspond to that as well.

Congratulations on the award.

Blogger subscription box sounds interesting. Looking forward to it.

2. zaralouu says:

The sub box idea sounds fabulous! Always hold onto a dream babe!

Also. People massively understand when things get too much, don’t ever feel daunted about it! Life changes all the time and I’ve massively felt this in the past! – keep doing you and working hard at college babe! YOU’RE DOING GREAT!

Liked by 2 people

Congrats on winning the short film award at college Ellie, that’s awesome! Go girl! It sounds like life is really busy right now and you shouldn’t feel bad, blogging 3x a week and studying is hard work. Yay! It looks like you got some awesome holiday goodies, love the bikini it’s so cute! A holiday to Gran Canaria is sooo exciting!!! 💖 xx

Liked by 2 people

4. Kelsey Marie says:

Congratulations on your award, love! And as for the goal: I totally understand. I always feel the need to do more and be more so I set up high expectations for myself and then become crushed when I do not perform as well as I wish I had. But, college and blogging and life take up huge chunks of time. Sometimes it’s nearly impossible to effectively satisfy your needs in every aspect. But the important thing is that you’re pushing through and didn’t give up.

Congratulations on your award! That’s a huge deal! Have fun on your holiday, too. I’m in love with that bikini. I’m so happy I found your blog! It’s amazing and your writing style is refreshing.

Liked by 2 people

5. hatterell says:

I’m constantly so impressed by you! I know how hard it can be to maintain a hobby whilst in full-time education (I was part of a theatre company during my A levels that could have pretty intense hours), let alone consistently do it to the high standard that you do! You won’t know me but you’re one of the first bloggers I started following on twitter when I realised that it was something I wanted to do, and I find you really inspiring 🙂 enjoy your holiday!x

Liked by 2 people

6. eviebraithwaite says:

Congrats on your award! I love the blogging subscription box idea! It can be so hard having a blog while also having other priorities, but you’re doing amazing! I’ve just started my summer job and have found it hard to work, write, edit, and pursue my other hobbies. Just need to find a balance I guess! Look forward to reading more! x

7. glowsteady says:

Congratulations on winning the award! I’ve daily blogged for a month twice this year and upping your schedule is definitely hard work so well done for trying! And don’t be too hard on yourself if you have to miss or delay a post, especially when you’re so close to your deadlines.I know when you set yourself a challenge you feel like you have to finish, but if you skip it’s really not that deep. I wish someone would have told me that last month when I was having a meltdown over having bad lighting for photos and working until 11:59 just to have a post finished before midnight every day. Either way, well done and good luck with your view goals! x

Sophie

Liked by 2 people

8. blacktulipbeauty says:

Ellie you’ve been doing so well, don’t be so hard on yourself for the things that didn’t go to plan as you wanted them to! The blogger box idea will be there waiting for you when you’re ready to start it up and I hope you enjoy your well deserved holiday in a week or so! Loving those sandals too, they’re adorable!
    Alice Xx

Liked by 2 people

9. foreverthewanderer says:

You’ve been doing so well! Don’t feel like a failure because you didn’t reach your goals for this month! There are still so many months ahead of you where you can smash those goals to a pulp! Keep that chin up! ☺️❤️

Liked by 2 people

10. Jaleysa Daniels says:

That has been one of my goals, to post 3 times a week.. I’ve been at it for the last 2 weeks and it’s working! As long as I have the draft in there I’m good, since I spend more time on pics than anything.. I glad you challenged yourself and tried something new.. Sometimes the hardest thing to do it try💗