I’m back with another installment of Meet the Blogger!
Today’s interview is with the lovely Emilia from www.emiliarachael.blogspot.co.uk!
- Who are you? My name is Em, I’m eighteen and I’m originally from Buckinghamshire in the south of England although right now I’m based in Manchester as I’m in my first year at Manchester Metropolitan studying English and Creative Writing!
- What’s your blog called & what is it about? My blog is Emilia Rachael and I write pretty much about anything – my interests are far and wide so I write about all of those. I started my blog in 2013 under the name Hangin’ With Mil and revived it in late 2016 with a focus on bodypainting and SFX. Nowadays I write about makeup, my bullet journal, the outfits I’m wearing, student life in the 21st century and occasionally about politics, travel, books and fitness as well. Pretty much every topic has been covered on my old blog so there’s definitely something for everyone! I also run a small YouTube channel on the side where I upload aesthetic vlogs and makeup tutorials!
- Name some of your favourite things? Oo okay, my favourite book is definitely Perks of Being A Wallflower, anything by Jojo Moyes and the entire Harry Potter series. As basic as it sounds, my favourite film is Shawshank Redemption buuuut I’ve also recently fallen in love with Wonder Woman and I also adore About Time for something a little lighter. I’m also absolutely hooked on Friends and Gilmore Girls! I love a whole range of different music but Bastille, Panic! and dodie are up there with my favourites – like I say, a massive range. My favourite makeup brands are Maybelline and ABH and I have a weird obsession with charity shops!
- What’s the main reason you blog? The main reason I blog is because I love to write. I’m doing a writing degree after all! I’m also passionate about so many things and I need somewhere to get those passions out in the most creative way I can. I also just think people are really interested in what I have to say which they probably aren’t but you know, I can pretend! I also have a massive interest in photography though mine isn’t quite as good as it could be! Blogging also helps me find the extraordinary in what can be a very unextraordinary life in student Manchester and helps me appreciate everything around me just that little bit more. There’s a little bit of magic in every day and sometimes blogging can really help capture that.
- Who are you your favourite bloggers? One of my favourites has to be Jordan from Hello Miss Jordan – her style is gorgeous and her photos are always so pretty. My friend Lily at Joli House has also been a favourite for about three years now, her Instagram feed is gorgeous and she has the most amazing sense of style. I also love Vix Meldrew, her writing style is so witty and she’s so blunt and upfront. I also love The Freckled Fox, Sophie Rosie, From Roses and Gemma Louise.
- In 5 years where do you see yourself? Do you think you’ll be still blogging? In five years…I’ll have finished my Bachelors degree and will have maybe embarked on either a Masters or a law conversion course, I have no clue which path I’ll go down yet, or even if I’ll choose further study! I like to think I’ll definitely still be blogging and vlogging by then, and perhaps I’ll have grown a bit more by then too! If I haven’t chosen further study I like to think I’ll be writing on a magazine or newspaper – The Guardian would be ideal as I love the beauty section and the opinion column!